We are SOFAAR
the Society of Fibre Artists of the Annapolis River.
We are quilters, spinners, knitters, weavers, felters, crocheters, stitchers, rug hookers, dyers, basket-makers, paper-makers and more ! We are beginners and experienced artists.
We are those who love to work with fibre and those who appreciate that work.
Our mission is to promote and advance fibre-based art and craft through exhibitions, workshops and educational activities.
We aim to cultivate a vibrant fibre arts community by:
- providing diverse and comprehensive fibre arts programming and educational activities;
- promoting the fibre arts
- connecting the fibre arts community;
- inspiring and supporting fibre artists, organizations, businesses and educators; and
- encouraging public understanding and appreciation of the fibre arts.
- To learn how you can join SOFAAR, please check out our “membership” page.
Our 2019-2020 board members are:
Cheryl den Hartog: President
Grace Butland: Past President
Céleste Thibodeau-Stacey: Vice-President
Rachael Cheechoo: Treasurer
Cathy Malon: Secretary
Our founding 2016 members are:
Cathy Malon: President
Cheryl den Hartog: Vice-President
Grace Butland: Treasurer
Christine Igot: Secretary