SOFAAR presents the Art of Fibre Exhibition 2019
Call for entry and guidelines
All members of SOFAAR are invited to participate in the annual member’s exhibition at the Macdonald Museum, Middleton, from July 6 to September 2, 2019.
This year’s exhibition will not have a specific theme but we want to feature the excellence and the wide range of fibre art created by SOFAAR members. Submit your latest work or an older piece of which you are particularly proud to have created. We encourage original work but if it is not we ask that you credit the original designer. Acknowledgement should be given to anyone participating in the execution of the work, i.e.,quilted by, framed by, etc.
Here are some things to keep in mind when you are preparing for the exhibition;
– You are invited to submit one or two pieces of your choice. Entries will not be juried. All is welcome.
– We ask that you include a full digital image of your work for each entry. This helps us plan the layout for the gallery before installation.
– Email your photos to email@example.com the following information for each entry by the deadline for receipt of entries, June 17, 2019:
–Title of the piece
–Size, height X width
–Is the piece for sale? If so, what is the price?
–Please include an artist’s statement with your submission. The statement is simply one or two sentences explaining what inspired you to create the piece.
–Does SOFAAR have permission to use your photos to promote the exhibition?
– Each piece must be clearly labelled on the back with the artist’s name and the title of the work.
– Work to be hung must be ready for hanging, including a hanging rod, if applicable, and any special hardware if a simple nail will not suffice. If your work requires a special display, please provide it.
– Work may be for sale but the piece must remain until the closing date of the exhibition. The Macdonald Museum will record the contact details of anyone wishing to buy a piece. The owner of the piece can then communicate with the buyer to arrange for the sale.
-Every care will be taken of the submitted work. The Macdonald Museum have several security measures in place and carries insurance for catastrophic loss or damage. We advise that you have personal insurance for your work.
– We ask that you deliver your work to the Macdonald Museum June 24 or June 25, 2019. They are open from 9:00 until 4:30.If this is not possible, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org make alternate arrangements for delivery.
-We ask that you collect your work at the Macdonald Museum September 3, 2019, from 10:00 – 12:00. If this is not possible, contact us email@example.com make alternate arrangements.
Deadline for receipt of entries – June 17, 2019
Work delivery date – June 24, June 25, 2019, Macdonald Museum, 9:00-4:30
Opening Reception – July 6, 2019, 2:00-4:00
Exhibition closes – September 2, 2019
Collect your work from gallery – September, 3, 2019 Macdonald Museum, 10:00-12:00