SOFAAR presents the Art of Fibre 2022 – Annual Members’ Exhibition
Call for entry and guidelines
All members of SOFAAR are invited to participate in the annual member’s exhibition at ARTsPLACE, 396 St. George Street, Annapolis Royal, from November 12 until December 17, 2022.
This year’s exhibition will not have a specific theme but we want to feature the excellence and the wide range of fibre art created by SOFAAR members. Submit your latest work or an older piece of which you are particularly proud to have created. We encourage original work but if it is not your own design, we ask that you credit the original designer.
Here are some things to keep in mind when you are preparing for the exhibition;
– You are invited to submit one or two pieces of your choice. Entries will not be juried.
– Each entry may not exceed 120” in perimeter. The Mym and Library galleries are small and intimate spaces.
– We ask that you include a full digital image of your work for each entry. This helps us plan the layout for the exhibition before installation.
– Email your photos to email@example.com with the following information for each entry by the deadline for receipt of entries, Friday, October 28, 2022:
–Title of the piece
–Size, height X width
–Is the piece for sale? If so, what is the price?
–Please include an artist’s statement with your submission. The statement is simply one or two sentences explaining what inspired you to create the piece.
– Each piece must be clearly labelled on the back with the artist’s name and the title of the work.
– Work to be hung must be ready for hanging, including a hanging rod, if applicable, and any special hardware if a simple nail will not suffice. If your work requires a special display, please provide it.
– Work may be for sale but the piece must remain in the exhibition until the closing date. ARTsPLACE will handle all sales and will take a 30% fee.
– Although every care will be taken of the submitted work, the responsibility for loss and damage whilst in exhibition cannot be accepted by SOFAAR or ARCAC. We strongly advise that each artist obtain commercial insurance to cover their work on exhibit.
– We ask that you deliver your work to ArtsPLACE Wednesday, November 9, 2022. The gallery is open from 10 am – 12 pm and 1 – 4:30 pm. If this is not possible, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements for delivery.
– We ask that you collect your work at ARTsPLACE Saturday, December 17, 2022, from 1 – 4 pm pm. If this is not possible, contact us at email@example.com to make alternate arrangements.
Deadline for receipt of entries – Friday, October 28, 2022
Work delivery date – Wednesday, November 9, ARTsPLACE, 10 am – 12 pm. 1 – 4:30 pm
Exhibition opens – Saturday, November 12, 2022
Exhibition closes – Saturday, December 17, 2022
Collect your work at ARTsPLACE – Saturday, December 17, 1 – 4 pm