TRAILING THREADS SOFAAR 2021 COLLECTIVE FIBRE PROJECT
We all wish to stay connected through our love of fibre. And we all miss being together.
How about joining a virtual collective fibre project for the rest of this year?
The idea is for all registered participants to work on the exact same image as a project.
We would meet together via Zoom at an agreed upon time every couple of weeks to talk about our interpretation of the image and our progress.
Here are the details:
OBJECTIVE: Staying connected through a common project
TITLE: Trailing Threads
FACILITATOR/CONTACT: Christine Igot
IMAGE: Mayflower or Trailing arbutus (hence the project name). Nova Scotia’s provincial flower.
REGISTRATION DATE: by April 1st, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
FINISH DATE: December 31st, 2021
1. Every participant uses the exact same image.
2. Coloured image (as seen above) is provided in a .pdf to all registered participants.
3. Size may be altered but colouring is to remain the same.
4. Any and all fibre and any and all techniques can be used, including but not limited to: embroidery, needlepoint, hooking, quilting, cross-stitch, appliqué, crochet, knitting, beading, felting, lace-making, etc.
5. Finished piece can take any form: rug, hanging, framed piece, chair pad, 3D stand alone, quilt, wearable art, etc. Limited only by imagination.
6. Participants work on their piece on their own time but every two weeks, participants meet via Zoom at an agreed time to discuss their work and their challenges and show their progress.
7. Participants MUST agree to attend the Zoom meetings to meet the objective of the project (see above).
Of course, once or twice, maybe, someone might have a conflict and miss a session.
8. Participants may create more than one finished piece in more than one technique.
9. Pieces must be finished by December 31st, 2021
10. A SOFAAR exhibit of all the pieces may be possible in the spring of 2022.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: unlimited, but you must be a SOFAAR member. Participants will all be contacted via e-mail the first week in April to set up a time and day for the Zoom meetings.
COST: There is no cost. The project is open to all SOFAAR members and each participant provides their own materials.
If you would like to be a part of this collective stitch-along, please fill out the registration form and send it to Christine Igot. You can find the registration form here on the Members’ Only page of the SOFAAR website. Or you can request a form from Christine by e-mail. You’ll need to print it, complete it, scan it, and e-mail or snail mail it to Christine.